Suck it up kids… it’s back to school for you!!

I’ve had a welcome change of pace this week with the girls returning to school from summer holidays. After several care free months of enjoying sun, sand and surf, the little darlings have swapped sunscreen for shoe nugget. They looked mighty uncomfortable in their freshly ironed uniforms and polished shoes; hair tied up and bags packed with lunches and books. I consoled them with ‘All good things must come to an end!!’….. but secretly did the little happy dance.

It’s time now for me to return to MY usual routine in the studio. You might remember a few weeks back I showed you some sneak peaks at the new look studio here. I’ve gone with a more chic black and white, romantic vintage theme in my personal space, which is one half of the studio.

b1  b2

I used a mix of black gloss paint for the furniture and blackboard paint for accessories like the drawers above. I love that I can use a chalk pencil to label everything.

1

2

3

I rely on my diary to run my business and keep everything I need in one place. This one is a fantastic diary and being black it fits nicely with the new decor but…..

4

...it was too plain.

5

That was easily fixed with some hessian/burlap, oxenberg, muslin and pretty embellishments.

I adapted a gorgeous graphic from the Graphic Fairy using Photoshop for the main elements. Added a cute handmade tape rose, lace and ribbon and antique buttons.

7

Now doing the bookwork doesn’t feel like such a chore.

8

Next week I’ll show you through the other half of the studio; the classroom, which has also had a makeover.

Hugs ~ Kerryanne