Hope… Dream… Wish…

Here we are in a new year… hello 2011

I have a great feeling about this year. Such a positive vibe.... summer makes me feel so cheerful, so it’s easy to be optimistic.

I’m not one to make New Year resolutions but I do like to take a moment to set goals for the year. I write down my dreams and wishes on pieces of paper and I store them in my wish box that sits beside my desk in my studio. I add to it often throughout the year and then like to read back through my entries at the end of the year.

It’s easy to make a Wish Box or Wish Envelope. (I covered this in my E-course, ‘Embracing the Passion’ last year). It’s a sacred place to hold your hopes and dreams for creativity and life. You can set your intentions by writing your wishes on pieces of paper and place them in the wish box. You can even include images, objects, letters etc that evoke your dreams. This will allow you to focus your attention on what you want to create in your life and on appreciating what is already present. This is your private place to store your thoughts for the future. By actually writing down your goals, wishes etc you have started the process - believing it, accepting it and moving towards it.

Hope...Dream...Wish...


My wish box is decorated to reflect my creative self. Just looking at it each day fills me with inspiration. I think January is the perfect time to set your goals for 2011. Take a moment to envision what you want for the future and allow yourself to dream big. I do!!

Over the past couple of weeks I have been renovating my studio in readiness for the new classes I’ll be offering this year. My studio is long and narrow and divided in two sections; the classroom and my personal area. Sometimes my students spill into my area, but generally it is just for my private use. I like to decorate it differently to segregate the two areas. The whole studio has been painted and redecorated and my area has a new look. Want a sneak peek?

Here’s a couple of pics of some accessorising – can you pick the theme?

b1

b2

It’s romantic vintage!!

There’s lots of creamy whites, vintage papers and embellishments, old lace, jewels and black gloss paint. There’s new curtains, a freshly painted desk and all new labelled tubs for my fabric collection, which previously was kept in the house. It all feels so clean, new and inspiring. During the clean up I found a few things that were…. hmmm, not lost exactly but hiding in amongst my many craft supplies [giggle].

It’s a fresh start to a new year and it feels great. Holidays are over for hubby and I, so its back to work creating lots of new patterns  for my web-store (which will re-open in a few weeks) and preparing for all new classes and workshops in the Woodberry Designs Studio classroom. I can’t wait to show you my new sewing and painting designs for 2011 and some more peeks at the new look studio.

Hugs ~ Kerryanne