Warm-and-fuzzy

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I’m so completely overwhelmed by the incredible response to my new Christmas Collection.

Such beautiful emails from friends and lots of new customers too; generous feedback and as always, your support for what I do.

bx3

Christmas has been a big event for me since I started designing patterns 20 years ago. Although I dabble in other areas throughout the year, it’s my Christmas designs that bring me the most satisfaction and I guess it’s what I’m best known for. I’m mad for anything Christmas and really can’t get enough of it. . .  I think I may well have been an elf in a previous life. . . hmm, which may in fact explain my short stature and fondness for red shoes!

bx2

This year’s Christmas prep got off to a very slow start. . . and seemed to be constantly interrupted. . . I even started to wonder whether I’d get a Collection finished this year. . . but I did and although there are a couple of patterns still to add later this week, I’m happy with it.

I based my designing this year around those cheeky reindeers that I love so much.

bx1

Oh believe me . . . I worried on more than one occasion if perhaps this was foolish. . . I even had the collywobbles on the eve of release. . . what if it was just me that loved these cute little guys!. . .what if I was limiting myself to a theme that no-one liked anymore? So many what ifs!

[phew] Suffice to say, I’m very relieved that they were embraced and adored by you all. Processing orders kept me busy all day yesterday. I’ve read every lovely email and I’m slowly working my way through replies. . . so if you haven’t heard from me yet, you will. . .  but thank you again!

Here’s the best part about yesterday. . .

the Advent Calendar Giveaway.

blog1

In total, I gave away over $500 worth of prizes and one lucky customer,

Stefania from Italy won $220 worth of patterns.

Giving is far nicer than receiving and it filled me with such joy to open each advent box and share the gift inside. I hope the 24 recipients of my early Christmas gifts have enjoyed their surprise.

While we are on the topic of Christmas . . . did you enjoy my Simply Christmas event last year?

banner 300

I’ve had lots of enquiries asking me if I’ll be running it again this year. . .  well the good news is that I will be and it’s in the planning stages now. It will be a little different from last year, but still based on the theme of ‘putting the homemade and home baked back into Christmas’, along with tutorials, recipes, decorating ideas and giveaways. So I hope you’ll join in the festive fun come October.

Until next time – hugs Kerry