Rainy day inspiration…

Here in Australia it is our national Australia Day holiday weekend, so today is a public holiday. Being the middle of summer this is usually our last big picnic/summer weekend celebration before the children return for the new school year in the coming days.

I say usually because it’s not happening here this year. . . or at least not on the east coast.

Ex-Tropical Cyclone Oswald has created severe weather conditions right down the eastern seaboard with widespread heavy rain, flooding and damaging winds with peak gusts over 100 km/h. Not very pleasant summer weather!!

We’ve all been house bound for several days. . . which on a positive note, means I have completed many of the items on my ‘To Do’ list, but I’m seriously over that now.

So today I’ve performed a little creative housekeeping and finally got around to a job I’ve wanted to to do for ages. . . cataloguing creative inspiration!!
Every week on Shabbilicious Friday I’m inspired by the amazing projects that are linked up and I’ve wanted to create a place to store all those amazing chippy, worn, distressed, vintage and shabbiliciously gorgeous furniture transformations, up-cycle projects and room make-overs.

I’ve created a new Pinterest board. . . Shabby Transformations. . . and you are invited to be a part of it too.

It’s a public board so we can all add to it. . . let me know if you are interested and I’ll send you an invite.

I bet you have lots of ideas you can link up like these. . .

Amazing furniture transformations like Laurie’s table at Heaven’s Walk

table92

 

Beautiful room make-overs like this guest cottage kitchen by French Country Cottage

IMG_8076

 

. . .fun DIY like Kari’s shutter wall at Thistlewood Farm

Thistlewood farm3

 

and fabulous and creative recycle projects like Lynn's’ garden fence chandy at Shabby Story

037_thumb3

These are all beautiful projects that have been linked up at my Shabbilicious Friday link party.

If you’d like some more inspiration. . . pop on over to my Pinterest board and check out Shabby Transformations.