Provincial charm

Just like the French, who love to use decor pieces with different textures, I’m enjoyed creating an authentic French farmhouse look today with these gorgeous grey wash willow hearts.

 

My vignettes received a little extra touch of French amour with these easy to make shabby embellishments.

For the hearts I added a pretty muslin tag and a shabby frayed ribbon and bow.

These were so quick and easy. . .

  

I used some pretty French themed stamps and a permanent ink pad (StazOn) in Timber Brown to make the top layer of the tag.

Then I cut out the muslin front piece and a matching back piece the same size and a slightly larger piece of white tulle, which I sandwiched between the 2 muslin layers.

I sewed a seam around the stamped image to secure all three layers and then frayed the perimeter edges.

The addition of an eyelet in the top right corner allows the tag to be hung easily.

Ripped fabric strips make a perfect shabby ribbon and bow.

After the make over on the hearts I moved onto the petite willow birds. . . are they not the cutest thing ever!

One again I stamped onto fabric and cut out a couple of wing shapes, sewed it together, added a button and ta-da. . .  a sweet little bird with a French ‘I love you’ wing.

These shabby French touches couldn’t be easier. There are no patterns to follow. . . simply stamp on muslin, cut out free hand and sew together.

I’m sharing my touch of French charm today with the link party girls. Do pop over and check out the other exciting and creative link ups.

Hugs ~ Kerryanne