Shabby sewing caddy

With us all gearing up for Christmas, I thought I’d slip in a little bit of shabbilicious gorgeousness today before we turn all red and green for the festive season.

I picked up several plain pine pieces whilst out thrifting last week, that I thought would make some great sewing room storage.

4

We all love to be inspired by pretty decor while creating and I think this piece combines functionality with aesthetics – don’t you?

I started with a good sanding for both pieces, before using a charcoal undercoat with resist wax for the next layer. This was followed by several coats of an antique white acrylic, then some flyspecking in charcoal and a final distress with sandpaper.

1    8 

To give the storage unit a touch of French shabby appeal I turned to an old favourite – The Graphics Fairy.

7

I used this graphic as a reverse transfer for the top of the unit.

I played around with a couple of Karen’s other graphics to make button labels for the tops of the glass jars and to make some cardboard holders for some antique lace.

2

5

A string of pretty faceted beads make a dainty handle for the little drawer. . .

9

and there you have it. .  . shabbilicious storage units.

6

Both of these will be available at the Foreshore Artist market.

I’m joining in with Brag Monday at the Graphics Fairy and partying with all these lovely ladies all week.

See you all tomorrow for Simply Christmas!!

Hugs ~ Kerry