Romancing a French bike

I wonder. . . do you ever go off track with your creativity?

That’s exactly what I did yesterday and today. It’s not like I don’t already have a million projects on the go in readiness for my market next week. . . but there I was merrily making pretty shabby things in my studio when my mind began to wander.

I had a new design idea swimming around in my head and the more I tried to dismiss it the stronger the idea became.

At least these vintage French bikes fit in with my shabby French theme!

3

I’ve made dozens of signs in two sizes. . .

4

and eight variations.

2

I think these little signs satisfy my urge to make something vintage, French, shabby and romantic.

5

Do you remember this little teaser from my ‘Australian Pickers’ haul (here) last week?

b3

Thought I’d quickly show you how well this little vintage beauty scrubbed up.

There was lots of washing, sanding, stripping and painting before she regained her former glory, but well worth it in the end. I loved how ‘used’ looking her top was so left it unpainted to tell it’s own story. A lick of bees wax was all that was needed to give her back a lovely patina. I also retained her original door hardware and makers label.

1

Both the signs and the cabinet will be available for purchase at the Foreshore Artists Market next Saturday.

If you like the French Bike signs they will be available on my website  next month.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hugs ~ Kerryanne