As time goes by. . .

2

Hello friends,

Thanks for popping by the Shabby Art Boutique. I hope everyone has had an enjoyable and creative weekend.

I’m sure I’m not the only one struggling with the fact that today is the first day of August. . . this year is whizzing by far too quickly for me. Remember what summer was like when you were a kid? The season seemed to span an eternity and Christmas might as well have been a million years in the future. But then you grew older. Summers pass in quick succession, Christmases and birthdays sweep by like pages in a flip book. . . and now my calendar pages are being ripped off far too quickly.

Well. . . they do say “Time flies when you are having fun”.

1

Speaking of time. . .  do you like this vintage look French clock face I’ve just made?

3

Remember how I teased you in my last post with the big thrifting treasure I scored [giggle]. . . well, to my delight I picked up a box of wooden plates, bowls and turned wood pieces. How perfect is that for a decorative painter and not bad for a non thrifting day!

This piece looked too thick to be a plate or platter. . .

not deep enough for a bowl. . .

but in its raw state seemed perfect for a clock face.

4     5

I incorporated this graphic from the Graphics Fairy with an image I had of a Roman numeral clock face and used the reverse image transfer technique to adhere it. Some flyspecking, distressing and sanding added the final touches for an aged French inspired decor piece.

I had intended to sell it as part of my new French Farmhouse Collection. . . hmmm, I’m not sure I can part with it now!!

6

Maybe I’ll just enjoy my French inspired clock for a bit while I work on transforming the rest of the goodies in my box.

Hugs ~ Kerryanne

7

Linking to: Brag Monday at the Graphics Fairy

Under $100 link party at Beyond the Picket Fence, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Time Travel Thursday at Brambleberry Cottage,

Thrifty Thursday at Tales from Bloggeritaville, 36th Avenue, VIP Party at Designer Garden, French Cupboard