Shabby maybe, but beautiful just the same

Do you remember this pretty little Colclough tea cup I picked up in my thrifting haul last week?

3

She has no chips but is a little shabby where the gold has worn on her handle. The romantic in me would like to think this is from being well used.

Her saucer is missing too, but that’s okay. . . because I think she is perfect all on her own.

Given my fondness for pretty china teacups, I already have far more tea sipping receptacles than I can possibly ever use. They sit lined up on my kitchen dresser in their pretty and perfect sets and trio combinations.

Alas, my poor little blue cup stood all alone . . . no saucer or plate to accompany her [sigh].

This pretty English lass needed a new purpose in life!

1

So yesterday I melted, mixed and scented and finally re-purposed her as a lovely candle holder.

2

 

Now she proudly stands alone. She is so pretty and perfect and smells divine.

Sometimes when we feel a little lacklustre, we just need to find new purpose.

 

I’m thrilled to have my Vintage Sewing Box tutorial featured on the Graphics Fairy’s Crafty Projects blog today.

6

Hugs ~ Kerryanne