A little bit French…

Bonjour my friends,

Thank you for popping into the Shabby Art Boutique, where this week I’m indulging my passion for

‘all things French’.

The world has an enduring love affair with France. Everyone dreams of a French holiday visiting the busy streets of Paris or frolicking in the lavender fields of the French countryside. We usually think of Paris as the city of romance and the French language as the language of Love….. But what about their homes?

Do you love the look of a French country home with its charming and simple style?

wd1

French Provincial or French Farmhouse decorating is more about what feels right, pleases the eye and following one's instincts, as opposed to following rules. It’s relaxed and comfortable, giving the freedom to mix old and new, be creative and combine the unexpected with the norm.

wd2

The colour palette is soft and muted: think chalky and creamy whites, pastel greys, beige, putty and black.

Mix natural fabrics like burlap, muslin and old lace for texture. And throw in some thrifty finds for a touch of antiquity.

wd3

Over the past few days I have been making some handmade French inspired goodies for the Handmade Boutique on my website.

Click here to check them out.

wd4

I’m currently working on a new French inspired project…. 3 Paris streetscape canvases.

They will be available very soon as painting pattern packets.

I’m really enjoying having the paints and brushes out again and can’t wait to show you the finished artwork.

J'espère que vous allez comme eux. (I hope you will like them).

wd6

Meanwhile, I’m putting some finishing touches on a collection of French inspired mixed media cards and tags. I hope to get them up on the website later this week.

Étreintes pour tous,

Kerryanne xx