Come on in… it’s tea time!

Thanks for popping by today. I’ve got the kettle on, so put your  feet up and stay awhile.

1

Actually, you really do need to put your feet up…. my studio was flooded yesterday.

 

2

We had a tropical storm come through yesterday evening that was like a mini cyclone. Torrential rain like I’ve never seen before; who knew rain could fall that hard and fast? Cyclonic winds that felled trees and created havoc.

My poor little studio didn’t fair so well with water flowing in from two different directions. The rain was just so hard that it had no where to go, so gutters and downpipes overflowed. Our back yard was under about 6 inches of water within 10 minutes ~ and we live up on high ground!!

 

3

 

The waters have quickly dissipated and emergency crews are around the area cleaning up today. Lucky I’ve had a previous experience with a flooded studio and know now to keep all storage a few inches off the ground. I lost a couple of things but my only real drama has been getting the water out and mopping up. It’s hot today and the sun peeks her head out occasionally, so it should be dry pretty quickly.

 

4

I won’t be sewing or painting today so I guess there’s no excuses… it’s back to pattern writing for me!!

Before I go, I have a Giveaway to present… ahh yes, a little ‘Surprise Giveaway’ (I like those ones). In my previous post about my new bunny I asked for name suggestions. Each of the comments were put in a teacup and Julie from Knit and sew corner was the lucky one chosen. Her suggested name was Tulip. I’ve sent Julie a copy of the ‘Tulip Bunny Love’ pattern.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend wherever you are in the world.

Hugs ~ Kerryanne