Where this women creates...

This sign can only mean one thing…


Yes… finally it’s happened – the new Woodberry Designs studio is open.



While my studio will never grace the pages of Where Women Create, I know there are many loyal supporters who have followed my sea change adventure and are eager to see the completed studio. Soooo…. let me take you on a tour of my newest creative space.

Stage one was the construction of my private work area prior to Christmas. At least I could start creating again…. and unpack a few of the zillion boxes of supplies that were threatening to overflow out into the street..


What I love about this work space:
The abundance of natural light is an artist’s dream. This light spacious atmosphere was further enhanced by painting the walls, ceiling and floor white. All the storage boxes are black, white and/or grey – gone a bit spotty too!!


Frustrated with always looking for smaller items in my ‘useful’ box, I decided to store them in open containers for quick and easy access. Now I used them more often.



My favourite part of the studio is always my paint wall with its inspiring kaleidoscope of colour.

That's not all my paints - just my everyday paints!!


There’s an open area for easel work too.



I like that the studio is attached to our home but not in the house. It makes separating family and work life easier.
There’s an entrance to the studio in our front yard for students and visitors and another at the side that I can access from our back yard. I’m particularly pleased with our decision to have a large window looking out on the pool and back yard. I can hear and see all the family activity from my desk at the window. My children have grown up with a home studio so feel very comfortable hanging out here with mum. I have frequent visits from my girls and of course, the ever faithful Gypsy has resumed her role as studio buddy.

Stage two has seen the construction in the past couple of weeks of the classroom area that adjoins by personal space. There’s a roller door between the two rooms so I can divide the workspace if I need to.



During the construction I was busy converting some vintage finds.......



....into this...



and this.


In fact, there is now a whole studio of funky painted furniture.


Another vintage find, a sturdy old desk, converted an unused corner into a beverage bar.


I held my first evening class in the new classroom last night and was very pleased with how the studio functioned. The lighting was perfect, the layout comfortable and everything was easily accessible. The best thing was all the ladies were absolutely delightful and as eager as I to set off on this new artful adventure.

Thanks for taking a wander with me through my new studio space. I hope it inspires you to share the place ‘where you create’.


Until next time, I'll be dancing with joy around my new studio [giggle].
Hugs ~ Kerryanne