Just how bored could I be?

Day 35.... yeah I'm still here seeing out my days of recovery.

I'm just a bit fed up with bed now. 35 days - that's 5 weeks - no-one likes bed that much.

I've certainly made some progress this week though. I actually got dressed for the first time on Friday. Well, clearly not for the first time as that would mean I had been naked for 5 weeks and that is just a mental image you don't want to entertain....eeekk!! What I mean is I have had PJ's on for the past 5 weeks but getting dressed for a day was therapeutic. I've been trying to sit out of bed for a few hours each day which was easier this week with visitors arriving every day.

On Wednesday my lovely friend Anna came to keep me company all day and spent some time setting up my makeshift studio with my hubby Mark. As yet I haven't started painting but I will make a start in a day or two. I'm feeling very inspired now.

Another friend Marisa, a regular visitor, popped by for a tall ice cold Midori [our fav] and also left me some home grown figs. I know a lot of people don't really like figs which I think is great - less people I have to share with. If I only have a couple I usually grill them with a sprinkle of brown sugar.



...but when I have a few, I whip up a batch of fig jam. So this morning, with the help of Miss Aimee we made some yummy fig jam ....mmmm.



Even the most mundane things take on a new form when you are bored stiff - take finger nails for instance.



Yep, pretty boring normally. I guess I am one of those very blessed people who has very strong fingernails so therefore my nails are usually long. My mum who would give anything to have pretty nails can't believe I have to keep filing mine down. With time on my hands I was looking into nail art on the web. Lots of amazing things from simple pretty nails...


...to amazing beach scenes....



....to outrageous nail art!!!

Hhmm...I've considered the options and decided to stick to a French polish. Maybe a bit boring but I think I need a few more weeks in bed before I will be insane enough to put my artwork on my fingernails. Besides, I've got heaps of blank canvases calling my name in the makeshift studio .....Kerry, Kerry, come paint me!! Who could resist that? LOL

I'll be in the studio for the next day or two.

Hugs,

Kerryanne