Diversity makes life interesting!

Activities in the studio have been quite diverse today.

My morning got off to a louder and more entertaining start than my usual day. . .

as 8 very excited children descended on the studio for a school holiday funky felt monster making workshop.

We all had a fabulous time. . . and it was very stimulating and inspiring to watch children create without any inhibitions.

I’m sure you can imagine what the aftermath of such fun antics left my studio looking like!

Shabby Art Boutique vintage tags 2

After a crafty morning spent surrounded by brightly coloured felt and girly giggles, I needed a dose of shabby vintage serenity in the afternoon.

So I made a start on some vintage Mother’s Day tags for my upcoming market.

 

Shabby Art Boutique vintage tags 1

First job was to tea stain a few manila luggage tags.

I kept this step basic by simply wiping a hot, wet tea bag over the tags and leaving them out in the sun to dry.

 

Shabby Art Boutique vintage tags 4

For tag embellishments I used pieces of old book paper, crochet medallions cut from a vintage doily. . .

strips of cream tulle, silk ribbon, pearl stick-ons and butterflies cut from a piece of scrapbooking paper.

 

Shabby Art Boutique vitnage tags 4

Put them all together. . .

And you have a tag with layers of vintage gorgeousness.

Wouldn’t they look lovely adorning a gift wrapped in old music manuscript and wide satin cream ribbon.

 

Shabby Art Boutique vintage tags 3

I’m sharing my vintage tags at this week’s link parties and with these friends: Clean and Scentsible, Live Laugh Rowe, The DIY Dreamer, Tutorials, Tips & Tidbits – Stone Gable, Blissful White Wednesday at Timewashed, Transformation ThursdayFrench Country Cottage, The Vintage Farmhouse, 36th Avenue, Be Inspired Friday at Common Ground.

You can connect with me at the follow places. . .