DIY Twig Wreath

For the past week I’ve been working on a bedroom make-over for the ‘Princess’.

She is away studying at the moment, so I have an empty room to work with.

There’s been a little painting going on. . .

some furniture transformations. . .

and yesterday I made a pretty twig wreath.

Shabby Art Boutique DIY Twig Wreath

I planned this quick and easy DIY a few weeks back and started collecting fallen twigs to set aside to dry out.

 

Shabby Art Boutique - wreath 2

To make a firm base to attach the twigs to, I simply cut out a 10” ring from a scrap piece of cardboard.

A quick coat of white paint and it was ready to assemble.

 

Shabby Art Boutique - wreath 3

Using a hot glue gun to adhere the twigs, I arranged them around the base. . .

overlapping each new layer until I had completed the circle.

 

A light spray of white paint was applied to the entire wreath. . .

allowing some of the raw wood to show through for a shabby, chippy look.

 

I liked it as it was. . . but felt it wasn’t quite pretty enough for a Princess,

so I inserted some tiny silk pink and white mini roses in amongst the twigs.

 

Shabby Art Boutique - Stick wreath 1

Next I added a vintage lace hanger. . .

and now it’s ready to hang in the ‘Princess’ room.

Shabby Art Boutique - twig wreath close up

I’m sharing my DIY Twig Wreath at this week’s link parties and with these friends: French Country Cottage, Blissful Whites Wednesday, The Vintage Farmhouse, 36th Avenue, Clean and Scentsible, Live Laugh Rowe, The DIY Dreamer, Tutorials, Tips & Tidbits – Stone Gable, Transformation ThursdayBe Inspired Friday at Common Ground.