In a word. . . Welcome

Nothing says welcome quite like…

Well, the word…

Shabby Art Boutique - welcome cushion 2

Sometimes projects don’t need to me over thought.

I’m prescribing to the ‘less is more’ theory here.

New cushions were needed for my front veranda 2 seater deck chair. The old ones were faded and not very inviting to any potential guests that might like to take a seat.

It was one of those jobs that seemed to be forever on my ‘To Do’ list. . . so yesterday I tackled it.

Shabby Art Boutique - welcome cushion 3

I didn’t have a whole lot of time and wanted my cushions to suit the decorating theme of our home, which is a romantic mix of shabby, vintage and French farmhouse style. . . lots of white, neutrals and a little smidge of black for our man-of-the-house.

Having received a lot of compliments on my Christmas Sharpie pen cushions, I decided to make some new ones that could be left out all year round.

Shabby Art Boutique - welcome cushion 1

If you haven’t made one before they are very easy.

I started by writing my word in a word program using a fancy font, then enlarged it to the appropriate size and printed it off.

I taped the print out on to my light box, lay my cushion fabric over the top and traced the design with my Sharpie pens. I used a combination of a super fine marker and a normal marker for the thicker fill in strokes.

Shabby Art Boutique - welcome cushion 4

That’s it. . . too easy!!

Sew up your cover, insert your cushion and toss that baby down for all to admire.

I’m showing my ‘Welcome’ cushion off at this week’s link parties and with these friends: French Country Cottage, Blissful Whites Wednesday, The Vintage Farmhouse, 36th Avenue, Clean and Scentsible, Live Laugh Rowe, The DIY Dreamer, Transformation Thursday, At The Picket Fence, Be Inspired Friday at Common Ground, Nifty Thrifty Sunday.