Tilda Addict

There are just some things that make a shabby heart SING!

Things that make you sigh and oooooh and ahhhhh . . . to the point that your husband asks “are you ok?”

There’s really no point trying to explain it to him. . . because I know that he wouldn’t understand or appreciate by love for all things Tilda.

im-Header-5463

My addiction and love affair with Tilda is all thanks to a gorgeous English girl, Vikki.

Shortly after she moved to Australia she began classes in my studio and one evening she showed us something that opened our eyes to two new and wondrous things – the world of Tilda and the Book Depository!

 

We adored the gorgeous Tilda designs by Norwegian designer Tone Finnanger and were racing each other to purchase books from her extensive line of crafting titles.

The Book Depository with its FREE world wide delivery, amazing range and unparalleled stock availability was also a new addiction. . . [sigh]. Who knew there was a books store like this at my finger tips?

Of course, when eyebrows were raised by the man-of-the-house at the numerous brown satchels that arrived at our doorstep, I’d say it is for. . . well, educational purposes!!

 

So that was many years ago and my gorgeous friend Vikki went on to be a brilliant designer. . . you may know her as Vik from Sew Useful Designs.

Vik and I still oooh and ahhh over Tilda . . . and like excited school girls, we eagerly anticipate each new launch of Tilda books, divine fabrics and embellishments.

tilda

I’ve lost count of how many Tilda inspired designs I’ve made over the years.

Mine often. . . umm. . . vary from the original design.

I just can’t help myself. . . I always seem to add bits and bobs, tweak here and alter there. . . that’s just the way I do things.

You might remember last years whimsical cats wearing tutu’s . . .

. . .which spurred me on for a time to make dolls with frothy fumes of pink tulle too.

Add to that gorgeous hearts, bags and numerous home wares. . . . there’s never been a shortage of inspiring things to make and Tone’s designs make great gifts too.

Sooooo. . . when I needed to make a thank you gift this week for a friend who also just happens to be a Tilda addict. . .

I whipped up a little something I knew she’d love . . . using the Tilda house emblem.

The house is synonymous with Tilda and features quite prominently in my favourite Tilda book – Sew Pretty Homestyle

I have all the Tilda books and it is a big call to pick a favourite. . . but I have made almost every item in that book at some point.

Do you have a favourite Tilda book or design?

I noticed over at the Book Depository today that they have quite a few of the Tilda books discounted at the moment . . . I can highly recommend all of them (umm, yes I do have all of them), but if you are new to these beautiful books, you can’t go past Sew Pretty Christmas Homestyle and Sew Pretty Homestyle to start your very own addiction.

  97807153296109780715327494

. . .and if you need any more inspiration for the world of Tilda, swing by and check out my Tilda board on Pinterest.

Now that I’m all inspired, I’m off to make something . . .  Tilda-ish.

Linking up at these fabulous Link Parties this week.

Hugs ~ Kerryanne