A ‘home’ stitched with love

Home maintenance. . . hmm, yes we all need to do it occasionally

. . . and recently I was embarrassed into doing a little shabby home maintenances of my own.

Kylie, one of my Tuesday night creativity students has been making the most gorgeous mixed media fabric book covers in class. . .  and they weren’t for gifts either. They were beautiful note books to be used in her own home. The catalyst for her book making was the need for a new information book. You know the kind we all have that hold our internet passwords, logins and any other secret information we might need while on the computer.

Seeing Kylie making her beautiful fabric book cover made me think of my own secret information book. . . a tatty, ragged and frankly, past its use-by date book that was stuffed in a desk drawer. It had pages falling out of it, many scribbled out entries and useless information that was no longer relevant.

Inspired by Kylie’s creativeness, I decided to collect a few crafty supplies and make-over my secret information book.

Using the Le Journal fabric book cover pattern,

I created a pretty book cover with a shabby home theme.

The fabric was attached with Vlisofix before adding the free motion stitching.

Everything is nicer with a touch of vintage, so I added some sweet vintage paper flowers

with pretty blue and lemon buttons.

I popped a brand new exercise book into our the shabby home book cover

and now we have an information book that doesn’t need to be hidden in a desk drawer.

I’m sharing the shabby home book cover at all the best link parties this week.

Come along and be inspired!!

Hugs ~ Kerryanne

The DIY Dreamer