Shabby storage with a vintage twist

Hello everyone ~ welcome to the Shabby Art Boutique.

I had a super busy week last week juggling family commitments, appointments and . . . well just life in general. . . gosh, I even missed a blogging date with you all on Friday, so lets play catch up.

When I did get time in the studio last week I was reinventing some thrifted wares. There’s been quite a lot of sanding, carpentry, paint being splashed around and some shabby pretties to tie it all together.

 

 

I love when you find a thrift item that doesn’t have an obvious use but you know you can reinvent it. I picked up this timber piece for a couple of dollars and even though I wasn’t sure what its original use was, it did look sturdy.

After I sanded and painted it white it sat around the studio for a bit until I decided what to make it in to.

It’s an unusual size with narrow divisions . . . not much use for anything really . . . but then I had an idea. What about a multi board ribbon and trim holder. I drafted and cut out some board shapes and what do you know. . . now it’s a handy little storage unit that can hold up to 24 ribbon or trims.

 

 

 

 

Vintage birds and butterflies are so ‘IT’ right now . . . so I’m incorporating this theme into my line of Crafting caddies.

How sweet they look!!

Here’s another sneak peek . . . these items are part of another crafting caddy.

Several of the new crafting storage units also incorporate chicken wire into the design. . . I love how shabby this makes the caddies look.

I’ll pop back later in the week to show you more of this collection and to tell you about my upcoming Market Night.

I’m partying this week with the ‘Link Party’ girls.

Hugs ~ Kerryanne