Guest Post Wednesday

It’s Guest Post Wednesday and I’m delighted to have my gorgeous friend Fee from Designs by Fee popping in today to share one of her lovely stitching projects. In the true spirit of Christmas, Fee came bearing a gift for one of my lovely followers. . . but I’ll pop back later in the post with the details.

GP

Hello, I am Fee from

fee

I live in lovely rural Brighton in Tasmania's midlands. I design quilts, bags and pretty home decor items under my own label. 2012 will be a year full of change for my little business - I will be launching my first book, I will be hosting some wonderful swaps and I will be attending a few events. I am so very pleased to be a part of Simply Christmas with the lovely Kerryanne and I do hope that you enjoy making my Lavender Heart Sachet for those special ladies in your life.

Hugs - Fee XXX

 

Monogrammed Lavender Heart Sachet

clip_image036

Requirements

30cm Ribbon

Template Plastic

Satin Flower

Fat 1/8th of Linen

Embroidery Thread

Needle

1 Cup of Dried Lavender or Potpourri

Brown Pigment Pen

Marking Pen

Pinking Shears

clip_image002

Print off the Pattern Sheet – You will find it HERE

Choose a Font from your computer (I use Edwardian Script), Make the size 200 and print the Initial off that you wish to use on your sachet.

clip_image004

Trace the heart from the pattern sheet onto the template plastic with the black marking pen. Cut out with normal scissors on the black line.

clip_image006

In the top right hand corner of your linen place the heart template down and trace around with the brown pigment pen.

DO NOT CUT OUT

clip_image008

Using a light source trace the initial that you have chosen into the centre of the heart.

clip_image010

With 2 strands of embroidery thread stitch the initial using chain stitch.

clip_image012

Fold the fat 1/8th over so that the embroidery is facing up and there is a second layer underneath. Pin in Place.

clip_image014

With the pinking shears cut out the heart shape just inside the traced line.

Thread the needle with 2 strands of embroidery thread. Put the needle through the middle of the front heart from the back. This will hide your starting knot.

clip_image016  clip_image018

Start stitching a running stitch around the heart about ¼” from the raw edge until you get approximately ¾ of the way around

clip_image020

Open it up

clip_image022

Fill with Lavender

clip_image024

Flatten Out and Pin closed

clip_image026

Continue stitching until you get back to the starting point

clip_image028

Do not tie off but instead poke the needle through the centre of the dip in the heart where you finished stitching.

Fold the ribbon in half and criss cross the ribbon at the raw edge.

clip_image030 clip_image032

Place it over the needle and stitch in place.

clip_image034

Place the satin flower over the raw edges and stitch in place.

clip_image036

Congratulations you have finished your own Lavender Heart Sachet.

HOLIDAY_GREETINGS_(7)

Thank you Fee. . .  the monogrammed lavender sachet would make a gorgeous gift for someone special, not only for Christmas but anytime of the year!

Fee is very generously gifting one of my followers with an AU$30 gift voucher for

book1

Yay. . . we all love our books, so if you’d like to be in the running for this lovely GIVEAWAY you need to pop over to Fee’s blog ~

Designs by Fee

and look up the dates of the” Let’s get Stitched in Tassie” weekend, which Fee is hosting next year. Then, come back here and leave a comment on this post. The winner will be drawn at 11:59am EST on Tuesday 29th November.

May I suggest that if you like stitching and beautiful fabrics . . . and who doesn’t!!. . . then you should also pop over to Fee’s Online Shop and check out her wares.