Inspiration Party

Hi everyone and a big ‘welcome’ to all the new visitors and followers of Simply Christmas and the Shabby Art Boutique.
 
WOW. . . what a week!! Averaging over 2,500 visitors per day has meant lots of comments and emails to reply to. I’m certainly not complaining. . . I want as many people as possible to join in and play along with putting homemade back into Christmas. . . and today you’ll get to do just that with our Simply Christmas Inspiration Party, but first of all I have another quick gift tutorial for you.
 
I’m continuing on with my quest to make as many homemade gifts as possible and it’s the men gifts that I find the hardest. We have one branch of our extended family that exchange a small ‘token’ gift under the Christmas tree for everyone. Having such a small price range to work in makes this task even harder, but I’m pretty happy with this one I made today. . .
 
5

I really love this hand scrub and it is super quick, easy and cheap to make. So if you too have a gardener on your gift list, give this one a try.
You will need:
1

Fill the scrub container with sugar to get the required quantity. Tip the sugar into a mixing bowl. Add a small amount of liquid soap and start stirring.
 
2

Keep adding liquid soap and mixing until you have a mixture that is combined, but still fairly stiff. Add a few drops of your essential oil and mix again.
 
3

Pour soap into your tubs and decorate container with suitable embellishments.
 
I made both a female and male version and kept the look natural. I printed two labels onto an A4 piece of scrapbooking paper and then cut out to fit the circular inlay of the lids. For the female scrub I added a coordinating strip of paper around the base and a pretty punch flower for the lid. The male version has a strip of burlap and a jute tie around the base.
 
4

That’s two more gifts to tick off my list this week!

Now the fun part. . .
InspirationButton

Time for you to share with us what you’ve made for Christmas. . . something homemade for the home, a gift or even a terrific Christmas recipe.
It’s easy to join in, simply add the link to your blog post in the linky tool below.
I’d be really pleased if you added my button above to your post and link back to http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com so others can join in too.

I’ll be picking my favourites to show you next week, so make sure you are a follower so you can see if I pick you.