Today’s Guest Poster is Christy from Sweet Tidings.
Christy is one amazing crafter. . . she has a great blog full of inspiring tutorials and recipes. Not only that, she also has not one but two Etsy shops ~ Sweet Tidings and Rose and Lotus. There’s lots to see and make over at Christy’s so make sure you pop on over and say ‘hi’.
Hello there! I'm Christy from Sweet Tidings Handmade blog.
I'm happy to join Kerry's Simply Christmas craft-along celebration. Just like her, I'd love the holidays to be as handmade and homemade as possible.
My handmade craft contribution is an easy and whimsical handmade ornament project that you can create in less than 30 minutes. Ready?
Little Red Riding Hood Doll-head Ornament Tutorial
I love the idea of a fairy tale Christmas! This Little Red Riding Hood ornament will add a touch of whimsy and woodland magic to your holiday tree.
Red felt scraps
Black fabric paint
Red embroidery thread/floss
Medium weight muslin
Needle and thread/Sewing machine
Red gingham ribbon
How to make:
1. Download pattern here.
2. Using pattern, make two circles from medium weight muslin. Sew around the edges and turn inside out. Press the fabric with an iron. Hand sew opening.
3. Make doll hair from thick strands/bundle of yellow or brown yarn (9.5" in length). Braid both sides of the yarn.
4. Attach doll hair to muslin fabric circle. You can glue or sew the hair into place.
5. Cut two pieces of red felt for the hood. Blanket stitch red felt pieces together. Attach by hand sewing both sides of the red felt hood to the sides of the muslin circle.
6. Using fabric paint, create a sweet doll face expression. Add a dab of pink powder blush for the cheeks.
7. Attach a piece of natural twine loop for hanging ornament.
8. Sew a red gingham ribbon at the bottom of the ornament.
How would you like to have Little Red Riding Hood for your very own tree decoration?
Simply leave a comment on this post to enter. A winner will be drawn next Wednesday.
The winner of Fee’s $30 Book Depository Giveaway was drawn by random number generator today.
The 5th entrant who met the giveaway conditions by answering the question asked by Fee was
Fiona at Bubz Rugz
Congratulations Fiona, We’ll be in touch to organise your giftie.