French essence

Hi crafting friends,

Thanks for stopping by the Shabby Art Boutique. I hope like me, you’ve had a productive crafting weekend.

I’ve been repurposing some thrifting finds I picked up on Friday. . . unfortunately, my bounty wasn’t huge last week, but I was thrilled to pick up this cute little occasional table.

b2

I’m quite pleased with the final outcome. . . I wanted something a little different to the usual all over antique white, while still keeping to the vintage French theme I’ve been working on.

This is how the table started out. . . simple and unassuming.

2  

First it got a wash down with disinfectant and then left to dry thoroughly in the sun.

Next came a primer coat and then several coats of antique white [with lots of sanding in-between coats].

I left the legs white and blended some very pale robin egg blue around the perimeter of the table top.

b3

I popped over to Karen at the Graphics Fairy to pick up some awesome graphics for the artwork.

I choose this, this, this and this and layered them in my graphics program to make a reverse transfer.

b1

I printed the graphic on photo paper for a better quality result and then adhered it to my table top with Mod Podge.

Then came lots of rubbing, peeling and rubbing. . . to reveal my new vintage look French sign.

b4

To finish off. . . I flyspecked in blue, distressed all over and then gave her several coats of varnish.

b5

What do you think. . . shabby gorgeousness??

This item will be available for sale at my October market stall.

Hugs ~ Kerry

Linking to: The Graphic’s Fairy Brag Monday, link party at Homework, craft and tell at Cherished Bliss, Power of paint party at Domestically Speaking, show off your stuff at  Fireflies and Jellybeans, Time travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage, Under $100 link party at Beyond the Picket Fence, Link party Shabby Creek Cottage. Thrifty Thursday at Tales from Bloggeritaville, VIP Party at Designer Garden, Catch as Catch Can at My Repurposed Life