French Country Love

Hello and welcome to the Shabby Art Boutique,

As the preparations for my Christmas Collection near completion, my mind is wandering to the next project on my ‘To Do’ list.

Can you guess what’s next on the agenda?

Here’s a little hint. . .

French love

If you guessed something French Country. . . then you’d be right.

(okay. . . that was easy. You know how much I love anything French)

I’ve signed up for the Artist Market for October and November and will be stocking up on French Country gifts and home wares as well as Christmas goodies.

You might remember these blackboards I was selling a few months ago. They were very popular, so I thought I’d share a little tutorial today on how to make them.

French B-board1

The first part is easy. . . paint your boards with several smooth even coats of blackboard paint.

French B-board3

For the decorative top I used some lovely French graphics from the Graphics Fairy, which I printed on brown paper [who would have thought?].

Adhere and seal with Mod Podge, add a rope hanger and ‘tada’. . . the cutest little French farmhouse blackboards.

I like to attach a stick of chalk with twine to the rope hanger too, so it’s always ready for jotting down messages.

French B-board2

Don’t you agree, these blackboards just ooze French Country style with their natural looking and down-to-earth simplicity.

I’ll be starting on this new range next week, so expect to be seeing lots of sneak peaks of French yumminess over the next couple of months.

But for now. . .  I’ll say ~ adieu,

Kerryanne

french love 2

Added 12/7: I’ve had several questions regarding this project ~ I make my own MDF boards, but you could use any timber or even scrapbooking chipboard. I printed the header with an inkjet printer.

I’m linking to: Brag Monday at the Graphics Fairy, Paint Party at Domestically Speaking, Travel Thursday at Brambleberry Cottage, Beyond the Picket Fence, Tales from Bloggeritaville, The Shabby Chic Cottage - Transformation Thursday, 36 Avenue, Fireflies and Jellybeans