Eat. Blog. Love

5

With school holidays comes an inevitable change of pace.

The kids are home. . . other kids are calling my house home. . . the pantry is forever bare. . . and the noise level jumps from pleasantly enjoyable to ‘lunatic asylum’ chaos.

So, this mother of teenagers takes herself off to her studio to find peace. . . (and to hide, but admitting that would hint at bad mothering skills I suspect). Ahh yes, the studio has been my sanctuary. . . cocooned in my creative space I’ve been plodding away at my big list of Must Do’s; adding the final touches to the new Christmas Collection, writing patterns and styling and photographing.

My classes have also stopped for the term break, so I’m a little lost without my usual gaggle of bubbly and fun cohorts. Last night I decided to have a couple of my creative friends around for a bit of a catch-up, some arty fun and dessert.

What ensued was a night of frivolity with much talking, story-telling and gobsmacking snippets of gossip. . . just the usual girls get-together really. . . followed by Sticky Date Pudding.

Mmmmm. . . . I swoon for sticky date pudding with caramel sauce.

6

There were a few moment of apprehension and some hesitation as to whether we should sample the sticky date pudding, given the calorie count. . . nah, kidding. . . as if!! Mmmmmm. . . it lived up to its reputation as a gastronomical delight.

I was given this recipe by my friend Marisa who is a chef and it really is quite simple and d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s.

Sticky date pudding with caramel sauce

Ingredients:

Pudding

Caramel Sauce

1

3

Caramel Sauce

4

 

I think a fun night was had by all. I can’t say I actually achieved much creatively speaking. . . I started some red work embroidery. . . hmmm, not much to show for several hours work. I guess sometimes you just have to enjoy the moment!!

As a new day emerges, I’m off to the beach to walk off my ill gotten gains. . . um, perhaps a bread and water diet is in order today. After that I think I’ll hide out some more in my safe haven to avoid the zany antics of my offspring and their clique.

Until next time,

Hugs ~ Kerry

7

Linking to Beyond the Picket Fence, Fireflies and Jellybeans