Shabby Roses Tutorial

I’m feeling very naughty today [giggle]. . . I have a confession – I played hooky this afternoon when I should have been finishing projects in the studio. Please don’t be angry. I promise, cross my heart and all, that I will write the pattern first thing tomorrow morning.

After my morning class today I had planned to write up some new pattern instructions, which lets be honest, it’s my least favourite studio job. I thought to myself. . . hmmmm, what would I rather be doing? Well, with so many lovely materials to distract me it was pretty easy to find a more inspiring project. Yep, total lack of will power today my friends.

Do you want to see what I got up to?

Sure you do. . .

Take some tea stained muslin and a large pearl bead and in just a few minutes you have a shabby rose.

3

Here’s how I made mine:

1 2

For the rose in the middle I used two strips of fabric together; muslin and cheesecloth and made the rose in the same way as the others.

5

So what do we love almost as much as shabby roses?

Shabby ruffles of course!!

What a great combination – shabby roses and ruffles. Can you guess what I made?

 

7

 

Just the cutest ever vintage look market bag with shabby roses and ruffles.

 

4

If you’d like the instructions to make the bag too, pop over here to see my burlap market bag tutorial.

I’m rather pleased with my new bag and look forward to venturing out to a Sunday market this weekend.

Hugs ~ Kerryanne