Le Journal for my friend

 

You may remember about a month ago, I showed you this new diary cover (here) that I made for my studio using a lovely graphic from the Graphics Fairy.

8

My friend Anna loved it so much, I made her one last week too… except hers is an art journal.

a1

I knew Anna would use an art journal as she participated in my ‘Embracing the Passions’ e-course last year and has been hooked on journaling ever since.

2

As you can see, I used the same graphic I downloaded from the Graphics Fairy for my diary, except this time I altered the shape of the frame from rectangle to square. I added a bit more oomph to the design by embroidering cream bullion roses over the flowers in the graphic… loving these little roses!! Finished off with a handmade shabby frayed rose and vintage buttons, I think it turned out quite nice.

3

It’s definitely one-of-a-kind and I hope Anna enjoys filling the pages with journaling delights.

4

I’m joining in with Graphics Fairy’s Brag Monday.

If you are interested in downloading 1,000’s of gorgeous free graphics, I suggest you visit the very generous and clever Karen at Graphics Fairy.