Cheery Mistmas!!

Christmas is almost upon us and the whole family is in the festive mood. The weekend was spent baking delicious treats for our week of social activities and it just wouldn't be Christmas without a batch of my renown Chocolate Cherry Truffles... mmmmmm.

Back in 2007 I shared the making of my exceptional truffles in a Christmas blog post and people have been asking for it ever since. Alot has changed since 2007… even my once curly hair has long since been replaced with straight hair. I’ve moved house, moved states, changed my lifestyle and even the kids have grown up a lot in 3 years (just between us, I’d actually like those little kids back. Teenagers can be a bit, you know, revolting!!). Anyhoo, I have to admit to cringing a bit at sharing this post again, just remember – you asked for it!! LOL

So my friends, I give you the making of

Chocolate Cherry Truffles.

The secret to these delightful truffles is in the soaking of the cherries in the brandy.

Sample the brandy to check the quality.

Dice the cherries and soak in a cup of brandy for one hour.

 

To be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one cup of brandy and drink.

 


While the cherries soak, crush one packet of Marie biscuits and place in a barge lowl.

At this point it is best to make sure the brandy is still okay......try another cup just in case.

Combine brushed ciscuits, cocoa and your nuts in the barge lowl.

Sample the brandy for tonsisticity.

Add the tin of the milky stuff and pir with a stoon.......or something like that. Who Cares!!! Check the brandy again.

When berries have absorbed the chandy, add to barge lowl. Stir the mixture and try not to fall over.



Pop the barge lowl into the fridge thingy to chill while you have a lie down.

Later on, loll mixture into ball smalls and coat in chocolate.


Cheery Mistmas !!!!!!